DUECC exists to enable the different student Christian societies to work together for better witness to the Gospel in Durham and the University, in partnership with the University Chaplaincies and Durham Churches Together (DCT), by:
- Encouraging unity between Christians of different denominations and traditions around our shared belief in Jesus Christ’s redemptive love for creation
- Affirming this faith by joining together in worship, fellowship and Christian mission wherever possible
- Facilitating co-operation between the different societies and mutual support for their own activities
- Co-operating with the Cathedral and University Chaplaincies to provide lectures in an ecumenical setting that widen understanding of the Christian faith
- Co-operate with DCT in strengthening the link between University Chaplaincies, Christian societies and the churches of the city.